Welcome to Moscow Toastbusters club #2539011!
"A leader is one who knows the way,
goes the way and shows the way.”
John C. Maxwell
Looking for the right place to develop your speaking and leadership skills?
Want to practice your communicative mastery and public speaking?
How about doing this in English? :)
Moscow Toastbusters club is part of a non-profit public speaking organization Toastmasters International headquartered in the USA. In its many Clubs, members learn communication and leadership skills by practicing public speaking and working with others in a warm and friendly environment.
How Does It Work?
- A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere. Usually, we have 20-30 participants at our bi-weekly meetings. The meeting lasts 1.5 hours.
- There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings, and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar, and parliamentary procedure.
- Members learn communication skills by working in the Competent Communication Manual, a series of 10 self-paced speaking assignments designed to instill a basic foundation in public speaking.
- Members also learn leadership skills by taking on various meeting roles and working in the Competent Leadership Manual. In our learn-by-doing approach, we don't lecture members about leadership skills; we give them responsibilities and mentoring to help. Then we ask them to lead.
Taking the first step
To find out more about Toastmasters and Toastbusters club you can:
- Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Watch our videos.
- Visit our club. Visitors are always assured of a friendly welcome at our Club. You may attend one or more meetings a number of times to see the Toastmasters program in action without any obligation.
- Meet Toastbusters Officers from our Executive Committee;
- Learn more about our members;
- Find out how our Club was born;
- See where else you can find us!